Friday, July 13, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 58)


-1-

A One-Woman Show This Monday, amazing playwright, actress, director Michele Morris will be performing her own original play about Saint Teresa of Avila.  All are invited to the show.  Admission is free.  A love offering will be collected.
What: "Teresita"
When: Monday, July 16, 2012
Time: 7:00pm
Where: St. Benedict School in St. Anselm's Hall,
3100 Grove Avenue Richmond, VA 23221 (Entrance to St. Anselm's Hall located on Belmont Avenue.)
For more information, check out the website here.

-2-
A Truth-filled Homily Worth Repeating Do yourself a favor, check out this link, then click on the July 8 homily given by our pastor Fr. Dan Brady, listen, learn, and pass it on.  This is a great rundown of where the Church stands on hot topic issues as well as a wonderful reminder of how God’s love and Church defend life, liberty, and lead people to eternal life. 
-3-
Fun Resource for Married Couples.  Check out this article and "Love Letters from Kansas,"new site for lovers.  I’ve taken the romance quiz and am hoping I’m able to persuade my husband to take it as well.  It’s a breath of fresh air that love and marriage is being celebrated and encouraged in creative new ways. 
-4-
My Nanny Diary is going to have a lot more entries as I am embarking on the adventure of nannying for Vivi, Livia, and Sophia three days a week once their mom returns to work.  Caring for a toddler and twin babies will no doubt present some interesting challenges and numerous blessings.  We definitely have some major things in our favor: 1.) my 21 years of child care experience 2.) I absolutely love the girls already as if they were our own 3.) their mom and I have very similar styles of parenting and handling things 4.) Kevin and I are already considered part of the family. 5.) I prayed for a clear answer from God and received more than one.
Prayers that this will be a smooth transition for all involved would be greatly appreciated!
-5-
Answered Prayers The night before Carl and Jess presented their childcare proposal to me, I prayed fervently that the Lord would make it abundantly clear to all involved who would be the best fit to take care of the girls while their parents are at work.  I asked that God would guide Carl, Jess, and me to the right person for the job.  The whole time I was really hoping that He and they would pick me.  They did, and I’m really, really excited! 
-6-
Open House This Sunday July 15, 2012, the moment you’ve been waiting for has arrived:  the open house at 8113 Michael Rd, Henrico, VA, 23221 from 2-4pm.  To take a virtual tour of the house or get more information, click here.  
-7-
Emotional Rollercoaster. This has been yet another week filled with the celebration of tremendous blessings and sorrow over profound losses.  Kevin and I are still processing some of the news we’ve received and would really appreciate your prayers as we move forward, hoping to be loving, selfless, compassionate for each other and those God has put in our lives. 
Head over to Conversion Diary, to read Jen Fulwiler's wonderful tradition of 7 Quick Takes Friday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...